三·八节致女性(1)
March 8 to Women
Late writer Mr. Zhang has a novel
已故作家张贤亮有部小说
“Half a Man Is Woman”
《男人的一半是女人》
It's close to the reality.
近乎事实
And almost "truth."
也确乎“真理”
Men really can't do without women.
男人真的离不开女人
Not to mention the physical needs.
且不说那点生理需求
It's human reproduction.
就是人类的繁衍
And it's almost entirely up to women.
也几乎是全靠女人们操持
But that's not the point I'm trying to make.
但这不是我想说的重点
I'm talking about
我说的是
In my life,
在我的生命中
Those critical "women"
那些至关重要的“女性”
88 Years Old
八十八
My mother raised five men and a woman all her life.
母亲一生育有五男一女
This is what hangs on her mind.
挂在心头的是这个
The "Second boy" who has been drifting away all the time
一直漂泊在外的“老二”
High aged 88 years old
八十八岁高龄
And I'm out of town because of my work.
我却因工作远在外地
Can't go back and serve.
不能回去伺候
When I get back,
等我赶回去的时候
She's gone to heaven.
她已去了天堂
I feel bad about my parents
愧对高堂
Feng-ting, you haven't good served a family.